Work With Us
Volunteers are a major driving force behind the success of our programs, and we strive to ensure all volunteers find the right fit within our organization. If you are interested in volunteering with us, please follow the steps outlined below.
Job title: Environmental Education and Outreach Officer
Location: Victoria, BC
Contract Term (tentative): June 11th – July 3rd, 2018
Full time: 30 hours/week
We are looking for a highly motivated Environmental Education Officer to join our team for the summer! The student will be responsible for delivering environmental education programs to schools and community groups and conducting public outreach at community events. The majority of our programs during the summer months take place at local beaches and parks and offer children and youth an array of hands-on educational activities in an outdoor setting. The student will be responsible for developing, organizing and delivering environmental education programs related to locally relevant habitat protection and environmental stewardship, watershed and water conservation, endangered and invasive species, ecosystems and Indigenous history and cultural linkages. Tasks will also include assisting with public outreach, using hands-on activities such as a watershed model and a mobile aquarium filled with animals, and assisting with the planning and coordination of special events, including our World Oceans Day community event. The successful candidate will be a team player with a demonstrated ability to work independently, and maintain consistent and professional communication with volunteers, community groups, and co-workers. Flexibility in the candidate’s schedule is necessary to reflect the dynamic nature of this position.
- Was registered as a full-time student during the preceding academic year;
- Intends to return to school on a full-time basis during the next academic year;
- Is a student in a secondary, post-secondary, vocational or technical program;
- Is between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
- Is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act;
- Is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations.
To apply please send a resume and cover letter outlining why you would be a great fit for us to Jillian Martin, Education and Outreach Coordinator, at email@example.com.